Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Should of been composted..but glad I didn't

In a world where we are constantly told to declutter and throw things away if they don't give immediate results  . Here's a instance where the saying  patience is a virtue paid off, It's not a trait I'm good at. I've just had to learn to put the brakes on and give things a chance.  What I've learnt about Brugs over the years is that what a Brugmansia looks like in its first growing season doesn't necessarily mean that's the final outcome.

This Brugmansia is classed in what is termed the Cold Group variety , not that they can take the cold, no ,just a little more than the Warm group variety.  
They prefer cooler temperatures coming from the higher altitudes where they can be touched by frosts, plus they are not trumpet like but the corolla is tubed shape. They are not scented as the main source of pollination is by  Hummingbirds. So colour is the key with these plants, and here is my seedling of a cross of a Deep Red Sanguinea x Strybing Vulsa .

As I've said I've kept this plant in the hope that it would eventually flower, and  happily it did. Hope you like it as much as we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment