Tuesday, June 19, 2018

An introduction to a very special lady!

Behind every brug I own is a story of whom, what and where it was from. 

So let me introduce you to Miss Edith Winnette or M.E.W for short. She is named after the mother of my buddy across the pond in Pennsylvania, US of A , Dan Carter. Wizard Hybridizer  extraordinaire and top fella to boot.  

M.E.W is a result of a cross between a classic yellow El Dorado and a classic pink Archangel , both share a horizontal blooming habit, and great scent, and who could miss those huge twangers.

And she is a stonker of a Brugmansia, and has it all ,poise, colour and scent. There have been many attempts to recreate a classic pink hybrid worthy of being called a Aurea even if it strictly isn't. But  even so, Dan has hit the jackpot with this one.  


It deserves to be more widely known, and I am in my small way trying to get her out there to be enjoyed and savoured. 

I cannot express how happy I am to have her growing in our back garden in South West London, after experiencing set backs of losing cuttings and rooted cuttings being lost by the U.S Postal system.  I now consider myself very fortunate.

There will be many pictures of M.E.W to come, as she is still to flare open and peel those tendrils back to show what a lady she really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment