Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Goff's Girl with a difference!


I've introduced my family member Goff Girl before, being named for my mother, and since her registration back in 2014 she blooms only as a single.

Until recently

Low and behold I saw that one particular bloom was looking different.
Brugmansias can and will sometime produce normally five points/tendrils, and occasionally on new plants 4, or on older flushes 6 to 7. One hybrid has Ten, and that's a story for another day. 

Or another reason is that they maybe a inner skirt of another set of tendrils,  making the Brugmansia a double or triple even.

It turns out that Goff's Girl has the capacity to be a double, or at least try, and I really don't mind as it just adds to her charm.   Long may she bloom, as she wants!

Update !!! Since my last blog, Goff's Girl has being blooming and this event was not a one off, as a new flower opened this afternoon with a inner corolla. 

I'm wondering what has brought about this change in biology after all these years. Was it age? Feed? Position in the garden? Temperature?  Will she ever produce a full inner corolla?

And to prove she can still produce single's

No comments:

Post a Comment