Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Angie Leigh...doubly amazing !

Firstly a confession,

I'd love to take the credit that my cross was the result of my amazing hybridization skills and imagination , but in truth it was a bee. 

It just so happens that at the time a single yellow called Buddy and a orange double called Dola Goldentrumpete( pictures on a earlier thread) were both in flower. I know so because sadly I keep a journal of what's budding, blooming and anything brug related like where a plant is located and how well it's doing. Like most plants, Brugmansias thrive in certain conditions, so its good to know for the following growing season . The journal is also great bedtime reading , not that it's boring you understand. For me it puts my thoughts back into the garden at the end of the day . 

Anyway, the resulting cross and seedpod has so far yielded 3 registered Brugmansias. 
All different, two doubles with different colours, and a orange single. 

This is Angie Leigh




Angie Leigh is a yellow to tangerine coloured double, with a waxy corolla that lasts for days.
The scent is also amazing, being a strong sweet marzipan . It's a smashing hybrid, and I hope to get her out there by taking cuttings ( a subject for another day)  so more people can enjoy her too in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment