Monday, December 24, 2018

Just because 2

Snooty Lady was sent to me many years ago by Edna, after a played a part in naming her.
Edna was looking for a suitable name, and due to her almost regal way she held herself in bloom, I noted she was a Snooty Lady. The name stuck with Edna and I can't tell you how proud I was to have a hand in naming her.  Isn't she a cracker !



Another gem in the garden was my dabble with Inca Sun with El Dorado. It turned about to be a smaller version of El D  with its same sunny deposition . Not sure I'll ever name this, but it a keeper for me as its so cheery.



Another splash of sunshine came from DS Little Sun which I experimented with this summer. It has a low growing sprawling nature and it was sometimes difficult to look up into its blooms, so I though Id have a go at growing it in a hanging basket . Even I thought I was maybe pushing boundaries but it turned out beautifully . Lesson is to do it anyway, its only going to go two ways.  

See for yourselves


Suzies Pink, named for for sister is a great bloomer, and has a great colour and attitude.
Hope to post more pictures of her next summer, this picture reminded me of a raspberry sorbet ice cream against the blue sky.



and finally my first yellow Aurea pictured against the palms and bananas.  I'm always happy to see it flower and smell that amazing talc scent.



No comments:

Post a Comment