Sunday, November 18, 2018

Son of Lucifer

This cross was grown from seed from a combination of Lucifer x Goldness Kornett x Californian Sunshine. So in essence Ivory, Golden yellow and another deep yellow, so what did I expect ?  Maybe a golden yellow with Lucifer's horizontal bloom. Happily it is almost an exact replica of Lucifer, a classy Ivory single from the stable of Alice Harris. 

Infact I once owned Lucifer, given to me by Alice and she was a beauty. Unfortunately  Alice lost her original Brugmansia, so it was only right that she should be reunited with her named cross. So across the pond went my plant, and a cutting taken for me. Lucifer arrived safely in Pennsylvania, only for my cutting to die .  Dem the breaks ! But luckily for me the above cross has come full circle for me. 


It has class in spades poise, habit and scent.  




No comments:

Post a Comment